Tuesday 6 July 2010

In the middle of The Story...

I am here, because of many reasons, but the most easily explainable is the language and this is important for me at the moment. German really is cute in my opinion and it is the language of philosophy and educational theory. So this is where I start my experience in living in this language- at the moment the words are just words for me and I mix them up easily, English and Estonian are as a bridge for me to understand the German language.

I was just week ago in my favourite little town which is just like cut out from a fairy-tale. And when I think about it was just as if cut out of a fairy-tale, the houses seemed like made from chocholate and cream as i it would be possible to have there from curly roof-edges some sweet bites. Actually there was more to it than just these houses, during the day we told quite a many fairy-tales in our little group. The reson why I happen to enter the walls of this wonderful city, was the greatest folkfestival in Germany (a couple of years ago also in Europe). We had a supernice host Philip, a local. Though he could give as only one entrycard, it made or entry to the concert a lot more like an adventure. There was all kinds of folkmusic, starting from a german version of Indegolapsed, moving on with a german 70-year-old violist in pink trousers and finishing with world music from Brasil to India.

For me the next situation is the perfect example of how representatives of different cultures tell the always the same stories, in different words or phrases, terms. So I enjoyed when I was told about Snowwhite, like for them also for me quite known tale, it was quite a good example how differences of the cultures do not play that big role. As I could focus only on the differences, I can and do try to see the similarities of different cultures.

As here I do encounter quite a many people from different counties, it was an interesting experience to meet Frence students here, but also to see a French movie.
For me the most clarly came foward the fact that as their life emotional expression is important, then their films also emphisise more the effects that play with the feelings of the audience. So lots of songs, love scenes, everyday situations are there made me rather emotional about the topics discussed. So it seemed that they do not think about the goal, the main idea, the themes the movie wants to stress, like in many other films, we could say that I learned that or this. Just the process, different magical moments, watching the people running their course are the key points, the audience can get from this artistic achievement. I really do not like that much any more the films I have seen so far, where the main idea is so touchable and more and more going to ignore American mainstream production.

As the last part a little about tandems. I am in a tandem- in pair with a german girl who wants to practise English and as I want to imporve my German, she helps me with this. She was the one who explained me why so many in Germany want to go to the states. The reason is the same as centuries before- freedom. It seems for them the opposite to Germany, while here is everything very regulated and social system is of highest importance, then they search for something different in Usa. Although there is everything liberal and more anonymus, I am not very sure that is a logical place where could search for something very different.

No comments:

Post a Comment