Saturday 17 July 2010

Light

Love, love, love. I just love Jena and all that is here, including me.
I could tell about my interesting day at work or the walking trip I took another day, my wonderful friends from Estonia that jump in in different ways to my life still being still in my mind and heart, always with me, but these are the longlasting and stable pieces in my mind-puzzles so to say the cornerpieces of the puzzle. Not to loose the thought and feelings of the moment, I will use this colourful page at the moment.

The importance of water in our lives cannot be underestimated in any way. In these hot days as now is it essential. But also other forms. The rain falling through the air, from sky like sharp needles going through the cloth. Also the dramatic flash in the sky that makes everything clear and as if the sky wakes up for a second until the stable darkness takes over again. These are the forces of nature that remind themselves, to us, that we perhaps would not forget the importnace of balance. Too poetical? Heh. Yes, these were the first days that I saw rain in Germany. Indeed, here are also not so sunny days, I cannot believe my eyes.

I took a better look at my neighbourhood. To see all these cubicals...all the lives of people pushed into shaped forms, yes the apartment buildings. Behind each light window there is still a story, but it is often easier not to bother ourselves with all that. But to take a moment to care, take a moment to listen, the real stage of theater opens before your eyes.

When not talking the light of flash or lamps that I see from windows, rather like understanding and awareness, then I would like to mention the importance of keepin g our lives shining. Those "ahaa " moments sometimes appearing to rarely, but I quess we have them when we are ready for it. I must admit that tonight was the time when I discovered and understood the different stories I have heared and experienced for the past days.

Perhaps I am too hasty when making the following remarks, and I guess a bit rude also, but if from the different pieces of puzzle, came that kind of picture, what can I do. I would like to contiunue the above mentioned light motiv. In the northen countries, where excits less natural sun, is more successful at such mind light, understanding, the light that illumines the world- each situation and phenomenon. It seems that the northen countries can be proud of more science achievements. There is not much proof to that, I could mention Sweden where they afterall give out the Nobel prize and a row of German scientist starting from Carl Zeiss, who invented the lens, from my little Jena. But the rude statement is just because of my co-volunteer Raffa, who dared to say that German is illogical, just because for a spanish person it is difficult language. Although the structure of the sentence is the same as in the latin (having the auxilliary verb in the first part of the sentence and the main verb in the end) and the Germans say the numbers differently from the English (45 the say 5 and 40) he has no right to say that as a fact. It could be his belief, but not such a fact. Yes, it took half an hour before he had come out with all his arguments and thoughts one worse than other. So as always people have personal reasons for coming to different conclusions, although not always they are ready to be open with discussing those, is this for my south-north topic here.

The lightning made the sky as white as chalk, again. What a beautiful logical English sentence to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment