Wednesday 18 November 2009

Estonian vs English= a tie ? or a butterflytie(bow tie)?



I just starting over reading Hamlet, I really do not know why. I am not fan of Shakespeare, but this anxiety and looking for right answer suits into my this week. Being a week practically locked in my house, to be honest, it is not so dramatic because I am here because of illness and I enjoy missing school- and I do not miss it!
To come back to Shakespeare...as weird it might seem, reading Shakespeare, the greatest in English literature, as they say (headed by Boletus or cep, my English literature teacher ) I again understood that I love Estonian. Till now I had an understanding or even a belief that there is no other language that is as eloquent and expressive, as you see, I am writing this language here also. My argument for this until know based on an opinion that I can name in English an object with different shades of meanings, that shows my attitude towards that object. As I can say to refer to a boy also a variety of different words that contain different impressions of characteristic of that boy. I will just say them out, not to explain no further lad(sassy word isn´t it lacking of respect) , strimpling, younker, young man and so on. As in estonian I just remember noormees and poiss. I realise that my last sentence expects me to say that in this case in Estonian (as in English) I have so much to learn. It is an interesting part that everything that one puts a lot of attention to and goes deep into, know and enjoys, of course, not to exaggerate any topic.
But I realised as in Estonian language cannot ever be so rich and expensive, we cannot show in our speeches so much shades of attitudes, but we tend to use more facial expressions and tone of our voice.(To say as a marganilia I would mention my connection- reason why youngsters use often English words and a part of their slang , it because of the expressionistic need of a teenager. And a problematic question- how to make youngsters more creative in Estonian language.) So to say lad or strimpling or younker, we say our noormees, but use cynical are sarcastic tone. People adjust to their opportunities, keep in mind the weaknesses and work on their strenghts. So that I for myself just opened the mystery to our cynical and sarcastic approach. So if a nation
Yes, to sum it up, the battle ended in my mind with a butterfly-tie even as even as it could be! The next story will be about my conversation with a Polish rapper in Torun, the subject- are all languages the same? Are all religions the same ?

Cheers to our president!

Just found an interesting word bach(poissmeheelu elama)
I just had an idea of blogmarket- lets sell ourselves.
I just would like to say to myself I really enjoyed to little discourse
As a perfect end I found also a webpage How to tie your scarf? How to tie a butterfly tie?
http://www.silkcharm.com/long1_example.htm
And one sfinx about butterfly-tie
http://www.folklore.ee/Reebus/Pildid/1797.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment