Thursday 19 August 2010

Thread

I guess it is not too unusual being in a place to think every other week that this is my favorite town until I see another one. This is a story dedicated to the cities.
In Jena there is a lot of people, form different parts of Germany, from different countries and the atmosphere here is fantastic. The situation that you meet the people you know everywhere, because it is in the size of Tartu, is so cute. Jena is surrounded by mountains that are all in the hight of Suur Munamägi and they are covered with good hiking tracks. Because of them is in Jena always warmer then in everywhere else. There are not too many people and always when I meet somebody up threre we greet eachother. Once when a bikers group went pass then I had to say 20 times “Gutten Tag!”. What makes Jena more interesting is that it is so manysided. Besides the river-side cute houses, the oldtown, villas, we have also here the “Little Russland”. That looks like Lasnamäe, but here accure different nationalities. For example one man from Africa that is an excellent Drum-player is my most often “Hello-friend”. I see him quite often and always we say hello as we knew each-other for long. The atmosphere in Jena is wonderful- free, friendly, people are cute and curious. So in the tram the last week I mate a girl from Turkey. She is studying here Politics.
Jena is opening up to me bit-by-bit. As I have a year I must say that I do not city yet at all. But I have had to made little tours for my dear Estonians here and I am a guide for the girl that works here from march, but does not know many people here. And I personally have not had right tour myself. But in Jena, where are very many hidden places that are around the corner, you can discover so much, when you just open your eyes. So I quess there is enough to discover here till the next summer.
Rudolfstadt is the cutest little town I have seen. For me Rudolfstadt could be the synonym for cute. There happened a funny insident I have been told many times and where I am actually the main character. As always the situation where I do not understand the whole conversation exactly is not new for me, so when I set a meeting time with the boy from the town I must have heard wrongly. He was there earlier than I and was looking for me. As he is a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a volunteer I knew is Estonia that came from Germany, he did not know how to find me. He was asking from the people standing in the trainstation whether they are Leene. And actually he asked from my friends who coincidentally also there were. And they told me about it later, many times as a matter of fact. That day I had to meet also the friend of a friend of a friend of a volunteer I knew is Estonia who told me about this boy in Rudolfstadt. As I had been writing with her for a couple of months we were eager to meet each other. But we did not meet afterall on that day. What the funniest was- when my train left the trainstation to go to Jena, Sara´s train arrived...
But today was the day I met Sara, last time mentioning that she was the friend of a friend of a friend of a volunteer I knew is Estonia. In Germany it is very popular to do Voluntary year. It is like my project, but in Germany then. The third favourite city- Weimar. The choise became only because of the little shops. Oh these second-hand shops, cute-thing-shops and postcardshops- that is something unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment